ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!

Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Glamnation

Going to Italy and attending the Welcome To Humanoid City Tour was the first time I had been to a concert since taking my daughter to see NSync. It was such a different experience, and I was so glad I had decided to get past my fears and go with my gut!

We did a lot of voting for Adam Lambert when he competed on American Idol, and I love that he is a fan of Bill Kaulitz, frontman for Tokio Hotel. When the tickets for his ‘Glamnation’ tour were announced, I decided my kids and I were going to the next concert together. Since the youngest is only 5 years old, he stayed home with my husband.

Our tickets included free admission to the Orange County Fair, so we arrived at 5pm for the 7:30pm show. I opted for VIP parking, and we were parked right next to the Tour buses!

At the fair, Nicholas tried out Morse Code, and the kids all spent quite a bit of time at an Anime Booth they’re big Anime fans!

After some very disgusting fair food (thank God they didn’t want to try deep fried Twinkies!), we head to the Pacific Amphitheater.

We have fairly good seats in the Orchestra, Section 1. Allison Iraheta is up first, and Orianthi joins her for one of her songs! She’s full of energy and has that cool rocker voice I remember from when she was on American Idol.

Next up is Orianthi. Can I just say she smokes any guitar player I’ve ever seen?! Of course, she sang her hit ‘According To You’. But when she starts playing Prince’s ‘Let’s Go Crazy’ I realize this girl will take on the difficult and make it look like a walk in the park!
Then we have a break waiting for Adam, not too long though.





He starts with what looks like a more stylized version of the ‘Mad Hatter’s’ outfit from the Alice movie. Everyone is on their feet, and my son is standing on the seat next to me because he can’t see over the crowd. Then it’s off with the coat and on to the next song.





When ‘Ring Of Fire’ starts we’re all screaming and clapping.

‘What Do You Want From Me’ is amazing, Adam has such a soaring voice!

Then comes the best moment of the whole concert. Adam starts ‘If I Had You’ with its driving beat. My fist is in the air and I’m rocking out, and my son grabs my fist and we rock out together! I don’t know how to explain how special it is to share this music with my family.
We had the BEST time together, and they’ll remember this experience for a long time to come.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome! Glad you had a great time. Adam puts on such an amazing show *__*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad American Idol gave him the boost because he's a born entertainer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you, that you got to experience that with your children!!I always go to concerts with my kids. There is something so exhilarating and uplifting to the body and soul and to experience that along side you children as they are experiencing it too is pure joy! I love the son 'If I Had You'!! And I think Adam Lambert is a born entertainer! Very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We still love listening to that song in the car, and the kids continually ask for it to be put on 'repeat'! :-)

    Glad I'm not the only one taking my kids to concerts!

    ReplyDelete