ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!

Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Strong Female Musical Artists of Cherrytree/Interscope

Tamar Kaprelian

As the Label for Tokio Hotel, Cherrytree Records is synonymous with independent artists and music. This is true for their strong female artists as well. Cherrytree supports several artists from their parent label, Interscope Geffen A&M Records. Two such artists performed at the Cherrytree All Hearts Tour launch party at El Adobe in July – Tamar Kaprelian and Kelis.


Tamar sang Raining In Paradise that day. Her voice struck me as so clear and honest. Nothing hidden, you knew exactly what she was feeling as she sang this moving ballad. My daughter, who is notoriously picky about music, loved her sound and in particular that song.

When the opportunity came to see her perform again, we both decided to make the trek in to L.A. to see her perform at French Connection at Bloomingdale’s in Santa Monica.

She began with Delicate Soul (beautiful!), and then treated us to a new song – Eye Of The Storm. The chorus was so haunting and sweet at the same time.

After this, Tamar sang New Day, a song featured on The Hills TV show. We heard this again after her break, and Eileen and I decided we both LOVE it!

Tamar has a lighter side, as well. Her next song, in which her guitarist participated, came from the Aladdin film, A Whole New World. While we were all really laughing about the song choice, she did a perfect rendition of this Disney classic. Only someone with a clear voice full of emotion can really pull this off.

And a final treat before her break was the title song from her upcoming album, Sinner Or A Saint.

Her second set included all the songs mentioned above plus Raining In Paradise and a cover of Free Falling. This set ended with a fan request to sing A Whole New World. Tamar makes a very convincing Jasmine!

When asked what influenced her music, Tamar credits the singers of the 70’s, such as Billy Joel and Sir Elton John. She sees her music as appealing to all age groups, from pre-teens on up. No barriers!

Mekela Lumbard, the West Coast Visual Coordinator for French Connection USA, was on hand for Tamar’s performance. Mekela commented that FC clothing has been around since the 70’s and knows no age barriers. We can see why Tamar and FC are a perfect fit. Tamar was sporting one of the brand’s little black skirts, and she looked exquisite!

Tamar grew up in Arizona and currently resides in California. She writes lyrics and plays the piano/keyboard. She finds inspiration for her songs in her life experiences, music she hears, and books she reads.

Her big break came when she entered a contest and won with a cover of Apologize. She first met Martin Kierszenbaum, President of Cherrytree Records, through Interscope’s A&R division which Martin also heads. Cherrytree and Interscope both support her artistry.

Her debut album, Sinner Or A Saint, arrives on August 24th. It includes 10 songs and one hidden track and can be found through iTunes, Wallmart, Best Buy, Barnes and Noble, and Amazon.com (just to name a few).

So, contest time! Want to win a free copy of Tamar’s new album? How about an autographed picture as well, hmmm??? Comments left to this post will be entered to win a copy of Sinner Or A Saint and an autographed picture! Woot!

14 comments:

  1. I've been following Tamar via Cherry Tree Records for awhile. It's great to see that her album is about to hit the retail markets. It's always fun to get a copy of a new album, but it's a real thrill to get an autographed copy. Best of luck to Tamar and I'll look forward to watching her rise on the charts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Tamar. Found her on MySpace several months ago and fell in love immediately. Can't wait for the new CD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can remember watching Tamar on youtube before she got her big break with One Republic. So glad that she won that song contest because she has such an amazing voice with soulful lyrics. I think that anyone who listens to her will love the minute they hear her. Glad we are finally down to the last part of the countdown for her official album release!
    -iChad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear Tamar's album! I love her sound and her voice is emotionally honest. I hope she does really well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. (thought my initial comment had made it to the blog).

    Here's to wishing Tamar lots of success. She has a great voice. Tricia, thank you for interviewing her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a fun time for my daughter and I - Tamar is talented and gracious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tamar has a beautiful voice. I can't believe her dreams of putting out an album are finally coming t fruition! I fear that she won't be very popular because she doesn't have a gimmick to sell her music, instead she actually has talent. That's what I love about her, she's talented and she doesn't use sex to sell her music.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nick - I think this is one of the reasons my we really enjoy her songs. She has the chops, she'll do great things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love tamar her voice sounds amazing. I love Cherrytree Records too they are amazing and they take care of their artists and fans.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is just amazing to be hearing about such a great female musical artist!!!! I am happy that you where able to interview her and I am now a fan. She truly has a very unique sound which I love!!!! It is refreshing to see a female artist not having to use sex to sell her music. She has enough talent and I believe that is a plus in my book. Keep up all the great music you are creating!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! I love Tamar and would love to win this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so happy for Tamar! I've been following her for a year through youtube just hoping for her to get a record deal! And now she has it! I'm so proud of her. I hope she makes it big. She deserves it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm part of her street team, if you want to help promote Tamar's amazing voice and incredible musical talents sign up here: http://tamarkaprelian.fancorps.com/signup/ref/rathinatortk

    ReplyDelete
  14. And the winners are:

    Nick DeMarte
    Travis
    n1kk117
    xXDiane1xX
    Steve

    I could only reach one of you through the link in your comment. Please email me your mailing address so that I can send you Tamar's new album, Sinner Or A Saint, and an autographed photo of Tamar!

    ntoforth@gmail.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete