ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!

Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Rocking Good Time -- Torino, Italy (#2)


Turin/Torino

This city was the first of four Italian cities hosting Tokio Hotel’s performances. Each of us will share our perspective of the concert. Annette has the platform for Part 2 of her 4 Part review:

Concert
A lot of the concert is a blur. I remember hearing a robotic voice and the first notes of "Noise" and all of a sudden there was Tom standing in front of me. I have no recollection of the curtain dropping at all. I recall just being frozen in time, standing in the middle of a pack of screaming fans, staring at Tom. He was HUGE. Much bigger in real life than I had imagined. I'm used to tall guys, but for some reason the angle at which I was looking up at him made me feel like he was super tall. And much bulkier than I had thought. Not sure if this is really him or his oversized pants and puffy vest that made me feel this way.

As I try to take this all in, I am struck by the fact that all I can see between my eyes and the stage are fan arms with cameras. I don't want to date myself here, but my past concert experiences are way before all this technology came to be commonplace. I tried moving my head around and standing on my tippy toes to get a better view. I am 5' 7" so I had a slight advantage over shorter fans, but at the time I wished I could have been 5' 10" or something. As I am thinking this, all of a sudden I see Bill.

The sight of Bill makes my heart beat much faster. I swear to God he is 8' tall and not 6' 3" as the fan data indicates. I am BLOWN AWAY by how lean and tall he is. Like Godzilla knocking over big buildings tall. And his hair is HUGE. That combed back pompadour part is much bigger in person than from my computer screen. And the eye makeup is PEFECTION and super dark. Natalie must have used some kind of crazy liquid black over or under black shadow because it was the blackest jet black I have ever laid my eyes on.

After these initial impressions I just try to meld with the music and dance as much as I can. It is hard to see what is going on because all I can see is fan cameras. I feel as if I am watching the show thru their camera screens. Did I really just fly over 4,000 miles to see Tokio Hotel thru a camera lens? NOT. I try to adjust to this by constantly moving my head to get a better view as I sing along with the music.

Come back for Part 3 of the 4 Part review.

Feel free to ask questions about the concert or the Torino leg of the trip.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely account of being there in Turin! Your perspective made me feel that I could close my eyes and be there! Thank you for sharing your experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome. It was my 1st concert so that moment when I 1st laid eyes on Tokio Hotel is forever burned in my memory.

    ReplyDelete